Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nioxin, Rogaine...what works?!?!?!?

I'm 21 years old and I have been cursed with thin, fine hair. I recently started noticing that I seem to be losing hair, especially when I wash it. So, I started washing my hair every other day and I still see it. I have oily hair so I was washing it every day. I don't know if I am losing an excessive amount of hair but I am concerned. I haven't coloured it in a while, and I don't intend to colour it anytime soon, and I don't blowdry or straighten my hair either. But, I have heard great things about Nioxin helping people with fine hair so I'm wondering if that works? I've also heard that Nioxin makes your hair fall out more so I'm scared to use it. Also, some people say Rogaine is better, so I'm wondering which is best?





I also take a multi-vitamin and Biotin everyday.





Thanks for your help.Nioxin, Rogaine...what works?!?!?!?
I had my waist length hair cut (accidentally, in all places, REHAB!- just cause we're trying to get clean and normal doesn't mean everybody does :(...) to my collar bones and it devastated me! My youngest daughter (who is a cosmetologist) told me about Nioxin and I swear by it. In fact, it really worked so well, I had to slow down using it. I was down to using it only after a trim, or if I needed a super wake up-it's very refreshing to your head! Now, I'm trying to get my below waist hair longer and I'm using it again. One of the reasons I slowed my use was that it thickened it so much, it made my head too hot in the summer. Since it was long enough for me to be comfortable with it again, I used it for other things...like getting rid of ugly bruises and for massage lotion when the old man's back went out. (learned that one from a massage therapist!) NEVER heard of it making anyone's hair fall OUT!!!Nioxin, Rogaine...what works?!?!?!?
There is a product that you can get called DHT sensor...I carry it in my salon and it works wonders.... Make sure that you don''t have a thyroid problem that could cause your hair loss.
i have this same problem....but i came to conclusion that if either one of them REALLY worked like we are hoping they do...then why would anyone have thin hair or be bald???? i just don't think they work and decided that i would just have to learn to accept me for me....and that others would have to also. :)
why not try some home remedies


HAIR LOSS:


Those suffering from hair loss or baldness may apply a paste of hot olive oil,


one tablespoon or honey, one teaspoon cinnamon powder before bath and keep it


for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair. It was found very effective even if


kept for 5 min. also.
First things first: Are you eating healthy? Are you stressed? Are you on any kind of medication? All of these are contributing factors to hair loss. As far as the aforementioned products I recommend Nioxin to my clients. However once you start using these, your body becomes dependent on the nutrients in the products. You may find that if you discontinue use your hair with once again start to fall out.
dunno
well im also 21 and going through the same thing.. and im going crazy! so if u find out what works let me know too.. thanx..

No comments:

Post a Comment